Clara Background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Monkey in the Middle!

After 2 weeks of soaking up the time with Ashleigh, Logan and the new sweet baby Kai, it was time to go home.


We each took our turn holding the baby and giving him lots of extra love.


As it always does, the time finally came to say good-bye. We poured into the cab of our U-haul, and I literally felt like the "Monkey in the Middle!" These were very close driving conditions, but we were all game to make it a fun adventure.


We stopped on the way to have a sit down lunch! Chicken Wings anyone?


This is what the inside of the cab looked like from my angle. Yes, those are my legs, and yes that is the dash board that they are touching! Imagine a 13 hour drive like that!


This is our handsome driver that made the trip seem very easy! I'd drive with this guy anywhere!


Because the U-haul only had a AM/FM radio, I became the "official" book on tape reader! Chase had read this book, and Scott was a little over half way through the book, and so while we drove down the freeway, I read the rest of the book to everyone. It was really fun, we'd stop and discuss different parts as I read. It was great family entertainment.


For those of you who are familiar with trips along I-80, you won't be surprised that we had lots of scenes like the following! Ugh - I had to keep reminding myself that we were still making better time than the pioneers! ha ha



After a long ride home, this was the sweet little furry face that was so excited to welcome us home! I have to honestly say, besides the tight quarters, it was a very pleasant trip - and I am so grateful that we arrived safely to our home.


3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha what a fun picture journey!!! I especially like the monkey in the middle....I feel so bad for you! :)

    Thanks for such a great visit, we miss you already and are so thankful for all of you help!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you drove in the middle the whole time. You are such a saint. I hope your muscle in your you-know-where is feeling better. It really is a pain in the patooshki when that flares up! Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you rode like that from Utah!! You are one tough lady! :)

    ReplyDelete