Clara Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Generations of Memories

When Scott and I were little children, we remember going to a place called "Fairy Tale Town" Filled with the nursery rhymes that we grew up on along with wonderful slides and activities to tie it all together.

When our children were young, we continued the tradition of Fairy Tale Town. I remember them racing from thing to thing so excited to discover what was next.

And now we have the newest little generation to pass on the tradition to.
Noni and Grandpa (Scott's Parents) were here for a visit from Washington and so we all had a magical day at the Zoo and Fairy Tale Town.

One of the best memories I had as a little girl while visiting fairy tale town was going on the crooked mile. It's a winding road that dips up and down, as little kids you run on it as you master the twists and turns and you really believe it's a mile! Scott jokes that he was about 6 before he could run the mile without running off the edge!! ha ha! My kids loved it, I can still picture Jordan's grin as he would take on the crooked mile! So many great memories.


Check out Talmage's reaction after coming off the crooked mile!


I can't wait to continue to share this tradition with all my little grandchildren - generations of memories have been made in the town of fairy tales!

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard his sweet little voice...how CUTE! I can't wait to see you all and to play with that handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to continue the tradition with your grandchildren. I've never been to fairy tale town, didn't even know there was one. You must be in heaven with your daughter and family visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We love you and are having SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete