Clara Background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby Want Some Water?

For those of you who don't know, I've been in HEAVEN over the last week! My daughter Heather, her husband James, and that sweet little baby Talmage came home from England. Having family at home is just amazing, and I especially am loving the opportunity to play the role of grandma! The list of reasons of why this role is so great are too long to share, but here are a few of my favorite things:

1. I love that he follows me around the house, sometimes he comes and pulls me by the finger so that I will follow him around - of course, I'll gladly follow!

2. I love that he loves to eat anything that I feed him. I love good eaters!!

3. I love that my job is to just love him, and love him some more - did I mention that this was fun?

4. I love that when he sees me he squeals and runs towards me - melt, melt my heart!

5. I love that he is such a little sponge and learns things so quickly. The following video is proof of that. Within a day of them getting to California the temperatures soared and the poor little thing was hot. Grandma got a great idea to let baby play in the water! Talmage loved the hose, and he would get his hand wet and then lick the water off of his hand to get a drink. I went over and took a drink from the hose, he was watching intently. Here is baby getting his first drink of water from a hose!


I love being a grandma, and Talmage and I are "soaking" up all the time that we can together!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious!!! I just love that little boy and I am so jealous of all of you and the time you are getting to spend together!!! I am glad you are teaching Talmage the California way of life...I grew up on that hose :)

    I love you and miss you so so so much!!!

    ReplyDelete