Clara Background

Monday, October 31, 2011

Noah and the Ark!

I have to be perfectly honest. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. This year however, the holiday was made fun - by watching my kids go through the season!


Ash and Logan are the monkey catchers - and they were able to keep their little monkey still for a cute family picture at their ward party.

How can you not be happy when you look at that sweet little monkey face!


Baby Ev, who is so easy to make smile, was finding joy in the season, at a totally awesome Pumpkin Patch near Half Moon Bay. Heather was enjoying the moment as well!


Our big boy Talmage, was taking it all in. We didn't get many smiles out of him on this trip, but it wasn't because he wasn't having fun. His little brown eyes, were wide open as he watched all that was going on around him.


Because of the kids, Scott and I decided that we would try to get a little more excited about Halloween. So on Saturday, we went to our own little local Pumpkin Patch.

There were a ton of pumpkins, all different sizes and colors. Maybe next year we will go out and buy a few different varieties and see the difference in the "jack o lanterns" that they become.


The place was a ton smaller than the one that we went to with Heather and the kids, but it did have it's own charm!


This scarecrow is a real live person, but when we came in I was so busy that I didn't notice, until he walked up on me and scared me! I got a good laugh, and of course we documented the scariness! ha ha


Scott is a master carver - a true artist at work! He always does the pumpkin's free hand - no patterns - and they always turn out great!


This year he put blue cellophane behind the eyes, and red cellophane behind the smile. It had a pretty cool effect.

My favorite part of the day was our ward party. I loved all the non-scary costumes. People were so creative in what they came up with. This is Amanda Fairchild as "Rosie the Riveter" I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she looked so authentic and so beautiful! Little Duncan is dressed up as a Saints fan, of course we thought that was great!


Gloria, Rachel and Krista are Charlie's Angels!


Eli Morgan - I love this kid! Not only does he dress up, but he gives you full facial expressions to make the costume that much more awesome!


And...even Scott and I got into the action. Scott is Noah. (he has animal crackers hanging from his belt so no one would confuse him with Moses - ha ha) And from the front side I represent the animals.



And I showed my absolute bravery by allowing a picture to be taken of my back side, which happened to be the ark!

Loved this Happy Halloween - Hope yours was great too!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your costumes. How fun is that? I'm glad you had such a great time at your ward party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo great....that is totally seminary teacher of you :) Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great Michele! I love it. Your Halloween idea was so cute! Love the Noah's ark theme!

    Also both of your daughters have beautiful families! You raised a couple of amazing mommies!

    Thanks for sharing. Love reading your blog and seeing what you two are up to with all the kids gone. Makes me wonder what my folks are gonna do in two years when baby Haley leaves!

    ReplyDelete