Clara Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On!

My daughter Heather has a sign in her kitchen, "Keep calm and carry on" Never could she probably have guessed when she fell in love with that statement how this mantra would be such a part of her life. She is a pillar of strength and positiveness, even when things are difficult. This doesn't mean that she doesn't have her moments when she feels down, but she doesn't allow herself to stay there long. She stays calm, and she carries on.


Yesterday I made the journey to Palo Alto to watch Talmage while Heather, Jim and baby Ev began their new journey at Lucille Packard Hospital in Stanford. This was not going to be any small event, you maybe would think that stress and craziness would fill the air in their home, but it was quite the opposite. There was love, peace, calmness, faith, gratitude and a desire to carry on.


This morning was more of the same. I looked at my sweet daughter as she was getting ready for the hospital and I marveled at her strength.

She is calm and beautiful, as she carries on in faith! What a blessing it has been to watch her become the woman that she is.


3 comments:

  1. Michele,I hope you won't find it rude me commenting on your blog, but I am such a fan of your beautiful daughter too, she walked into my home here in Wales three Christmases ago and stayed in my heart. She is a credit to you and your husband and a joy to be with.She, Jim, Talmage and Everett are all in my thoughts and prayers right now as are you and all the grandparents who will be so worried, being a Nanna is the best job I have ever had so know the love that is in your heart for your grandbaby xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you are such a sweetheart, thank you for all your kindness that you have shown. I always love reading your comments and feel privileged that you would comment on my blog as well!

      Delete
  2. ..but for that volcano going off when it did you and I may have met already....can see I will have to wait for Jim and Heather to make their fortune and fly you over in style, when they do, the roast will be in the oven and the welcome sign will be hung on the door :) xx

    ReplyDelete