Clara Background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Parent PayDay

When I was at church today, one of the ladies from my ward came up to me and said, "today is parent payday!" I laughed, and then agreed. I've discovered over the years that parenting is not for the weak, the hours are endless and can be down right grueling. Dinners are mostly never appreciated, and the laundry is never accomplished! But... ad-mist all the craziness, there are the paydays. These are the times that you know that you would go through any hard thing just for that child, the love and the joy that you feel can not even be truly described. Maybe it's a smile, or an I love you, or a special conversation. Paydays come in various ways, but I've never had a payday that I didn't enjoy or cherish!

Today was a payday, my baby received the Melchizedek Priesthood! His mission paperwork has all been turned in, and just a few minutes ago he left my home to go and give his very first priesthood blessing! This payday is special, I've hoped and prayed for this payday for sometime now, I worried that it might not come, and then I turned it all over to the Lord, knowing that He knew my desire. Payday came, and I would have to say, "it came with interest!"

My joy is full, thank you Heavenly Father and thank you Chase for this most wonderful payday!

2 comments:

  1. So true! (Although I'm sure I have much bigger "grueling times" ahead)I can't help but chuckle a little inside after a long hard night with Kohen or he's been a stink pot and the next morning/moment he's an angel being as sweet as can be. DEFINITELY worth while and the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...chinese characters on the tie of the picture sent to the prophet. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. And PS--who was your photographer? That picture is uh-mazing.

    ReplyDelete