Clara Background

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Could I really be that lucky?

Could I really be that lucky?  Those are the exact thoughts that came to my mind when I was blessed with a second baby girl.  Because I had c-sections I already knew what day my babies would be born, so I decided to let there be a surprise and not find out whether I was having a boy or a girl.  (this is almost unheard of in this day and age).

I was the oldest girl with three brothers, and so after I had my first daughter, I truly believed in my heart that I would never get that lucky again!  I was so wrong - and I am so happy that I was!

On May 10, 1988 Ashleigh Nicole McKee (now Tataipu) was born.  She was a beautiful baby, milky white skin, and giant blue eyes!  She has added such a measure of joy to our family that can not be duplicated, she is always the first to create family laughter!  Even as a baby she would make funny faces and wait for our reaction.  When all the kids were at home we would beg Ashleigh to do her imitations and the dinner table was always full of laughter!

Twenty four years later, as I think about that special day in May, I no longer think of it as being lucky - I think of it as being truly blessed!

Happy Birthday Sweet Ashleigh, I love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment