Clara Background

Monday, May 7, 2012

Twenty Years Younger!

On my twentieth birthday I went into labor with my very first baby.  I didn't know what I was having, the doctor had told me that my babies heart beat was slow my entire pregnancy and that slow heart beats meant boys.  So...that was what I was expecting.

While in labor the babies heart beat jumped into a new higher speed.  The doctor looked at the monitor and said to me, "wow, that heart beat has really sped up, I think I have changed my mind, you will probably have a girl".  After being shocked by this new declaration, I remember wondering, could I really be so lucky?  I had been the only girl in my family with three younger brothers, and had always longed to have a little sister.

Two days later, I was being wheeled into the operating room after a very long and difficult labor to have a c-section.  My sweet young husband came in the room with me looking sharp in his scrubs!  Within no time at all a beautiful baby GIRL was born!  Scott and I were both so excited, as I was getting stitched back up Scott followed our new baby from room to room.  The nurses later reported to me that they had never seen a father so proud!

Our perfect little baby girl, Heather Quinn McKee (now Wigginton) has been the perfect oldest child.  I would have gladly gone through another two days of labor to have the same outcome of this beautiful baby.

She is now a grown woman, with children of her own, and I marvel that Heavenly Father would have entrusted me with one of his precious daughters.

Happy Birthday Heather, I love you so much!



1 comment:

  1. I remember that night!! Shari and I sat outside against that wall all night!! We were so excited when Scott finally came out and told us the news!!

    ReplyDelete