Clara Background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Kai and I

Over the past week in a half, I have had the privilege to spend a majority of my time with my grandson Kai.  It has been a true joy to get to  know his little personality, this blog is dedicated to things that I have learned about Kai.



Kai is now the big brother.  He loves this roll, you would think that someone so little might not understand, but I really think that he does.  He loves his new baby sister and is surprisingly gentle with her.


Kai loves family.  Jordan came and visited this weekend and Kai loved to jump all over Jordan.  He has a family book that Ashleigh made for him, and he loves to tell me who everyone is.  He loves his cousins Talmage and Everett and I wish that these kids could live closer together.


Kai loves to climb...EVERYTHING!  He is absolutely fearless, there is no obstacle that registers dangerous in his mind.  This is both funny and scary.


When he accomplishes his climbing goal, he always looks at me with such satisfaction!  I can just see his little mind saying, "see, I told you I could do it!"


Kai loves games of every kind.  This game was made up by Mema.  The game is called, "how do you do."  He  would stick his hands through the trees and I would shake his hand and say, "how do you do."  This simple game lasted for a long time, he kept sticking his little hand out to me and saying, "how you do."



Kai LOVES his picture to be taken.  Every time he sees me take out my camera he will say, "Picture? CHEESE"  Such a little poser!  But so much fun to have a willing participant!


Kai is friendly, and can make friends with anyone, even college age kids.  One day we took a walk to the BYU-I stadium.  Once we got there he saw a few kids kicking a football.  He ran right out to them and before I knew it, there was my little 2 year old grandson in the mix with all these college students playing football/soccer!





Kai loves everything to do with Balls and Sports.  So far, I have learned that he knows how to play baseball, soccer, football, catch of any kind and golf.  He knows how to kick goals and he knows how to play pass.  The other day when we were at the stadium and he was playing with the college kids, he actually slide tackled one of the college boys to get the ball from him!  I totally cracked up!  He is going to be so much fun to watch!


Kai has TONS of energy!  But...sometimes Mema has more! :)  We took a long walk one morning and I actually wore him out!

Kai and I have had a lot of fun - I'm grateful to have had some time to learn about this sweet little guy!

1 comment:

  1. Kai is SO lucky to have time with Mema....and so is his Mom :) Thank you Mema for being so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete