Clara Background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

What an honor!

In this life, there are many things that you can be honored over, such as receiving an award, or being noticed for some act.  But in my opinion, these pale in comparison to the honor of being asked to be a witness to an absolute miracle...the birth of a baby.


My daughter Ashleigh, has given me this great honor twice now.  Two years ago, in May 2010, I was there when Ashleigh's first little son was born, Kai.  On May 3, 2012, I yet again got to be a witness to my first little granddaughter, Avery.  Excitement filled the room as we anticipated her arrival.


Ashleigh received excellent care at Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg Idaho.  We loved the doctors and nurses who made the experience so memorable.  They truly added to the day, their knowledge and dedication to their craft made all the difference!


When Avery made her entrance into this world, it was my honor to capture the event.  I loved these pictures as Ashleigh and Logan (aka mom and dad) were so filled with joy.  They kept looking at each other and would smile and then looked back at their new bundle of joy.  It was so special to witness.



Kai, who is now the big brother made his way to the hospital with Pepa (who by the way had watched him all day and had done an excellent job).  He was so sweet with his little sister, and continues to be.  He's learned to talk to her in a high and squeaky voice that just melts my heart.


Pepa just gazed into this little beauties face, a true gift from heaven!


Ashleigh is having so much fun dressing her all up - each outfit would not be complete without the bow!  Truly - this little lady is set!


What an honor to be a Mema!  I just love every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment